Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Around the office

I built the suspended picture frames to show off the Acton MBA School project that we completed in August of 2008.

Black pipe is a reoccuring theme in my office. The conference table, plan tables, plan rack, butcher and tracing paper dispensor, book shelves and hanging frames were all built with black pipe.
Here are some photos from the Acton School Project after its completion.
The CNBC video above is and interview with Dick Armey (US house majority leader 1995-2003) and Jeff Sandefer one of the founders of Acton School and the owner of Sandefer Capitol Partners in Austin. We built this school for Jeff and it is far and away the project I am most proud of to date.
Regarding Dick Armey, while reading about him on Wikipedia I came across this excerpt:
In 1998, during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, a reporter asked him what he would do if he were in President Bill Clinton's position. He replied "If I were in the President's place I would not have gotten a chance to resign. I would be lying in a pool of my own blood, hearing Mrs. Armey standing over me saying, 'How do I reload this damn thing?'"
I know I am ramlbing but it will be over soon. Sometimes the story keeps growing and I have little control of where it goes.
I found these lyon lockers at a used office furniture store on burnet road in austin. It was my best find in 2008. Knowing that I am a fan of Theodore Rosevelt my wife gave me the TR quote and picture on the right for my 35th Birthday last September. It was a great day. Kristin planned everything complete with two ipod playlists, one for cocktails and one for dinner. 14 of our closest friends met at Jeffrey's (my favorite restaurant in Austin). Kristin rented the Josephine House at Jeffreys and we had a great evening. Friends, especially our closest Austin friends, made for a perfect birthday. I cant think of many things I enjoy more than having drinks and dinner with family and friends.

No comments: